Recipes and more
Doughnuts and Cheeseburgers ...what could be better? Bring your burger from 'yum!' to 'yummmmm!' with this tasty twist on a classic.
Ingredients (yield 4 servings)
- 4 Krispy Kreme Original Glazed® Doughnuts (sliced in half lengthwise)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups sweet onions (thinly sliced)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 8 (3 ounce) burger patties
- 8 slices American cheese
- Separate doughnut halves and set aside.
- Over medium-low heat, combine olive oil and butter in a sauce pan.
- Add onions, season with salt and pepper, and cook for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add balsamic vinegar and cook for 20 minutes more.
- Cook each burger to desired temperature and top with cheese to melt.
- Place 2 patties on top of cut side of the doughnut, top with onions and lid of doughnut.
- Serve with your favorite condiments.