Recipes and more
Holidays and cobblers go together like doughnuts and cobblers. Take your dessert table to legendary heights with this new doughnut take on a classic.
Ingredients (yields 6 servings)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 Krispy Kreme Original Glazed® Doughnuts (cut in half)
- 2 cups Granny Smith apples (peeled & chopped)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a 9" x 13" baking dish or 12" cast iron skillet.
- In large bowl, beat the eggs and then add sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl combine flour and baking powder. Add dry ingredients to egg mixture to form a batter.
- Place halved doughnuts in baking dish or skillet and pour batter evenly over doughnuts. Distribute apples and nuts on top and spread evenly.
- Cover the dish or skillet with foil and bake for 35 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, until browned. Serve warm and with ice cream if desired. (Do it!)